Saturday, May 9, 2009

I Love You, Stinky Face by Lisa McCourt (Happy Mother's Day!)

I Love You, Stinky Face by Lisa McCourt
(Preschool - Grade 1)

As my son grows older, he is drawn more to books about creatures, superheroes, and laugh-out-loud funny adventures than to the sweet stories of his baby and toddler years. So, in honor of Mother's Day this year, we read I Love You, Stinky Face, which captured both our hearts and, most importantly, tickled my son's sense of humor - silly creatures and all. A young boy begins the book by questioning his mother's love and wonders, "Mama, what if I were a big scary ape? Would you still love me then?" Mama's love is unconditional, of course, as she faces up to each imaginary creature (including a stinky skunk) with tender loving care. Readers who love the classic The Runaway Bunny will delight in a modern tale of a mother's support complete with Cyd Moore's sweet, hilarious illustrations.

Don't miss Lisa McCourt's follow-up titles: I Miss You, Stinky Face, It's Time For School, Stinky Face and more.

To find these titles in our library, visit www.newberglibrary.org

Reviewed by Amanda L., Children's Staff

No comments: